Week 14: Review

My favorite image from the class announcement stream this week.

 I really liked this image for a couple of reasons. First of all, it looks like it could be a shot from a sci-fi movie. Since you can't see the top of the rock fixture in the image, it looks like the hikers have come to a cliff face that drops off into outer space. I also like the image because the moon against the sky looks like a giant eye! Creepy. Finally, I like this image because of how big the moon looks in it.

The video I watched this week was How Driven Are You? by Sparsh Shah. I found Sparsh Shah's video to be incredibly motivating! He has an amazing attitude. I think the fact that he is so positive despite his physical disability helps put some of my own problems into perspective. I thought it was very thought-provoking how he does not consider his disability a disability. It reminds me of something I read one time that said that disability is something invented by society. Your physical abilities don't limit you, it's the fact that the society isn't created with your abilities in mind. For example, I have no "disabilities" as our society would define them. But if suddenly every elevator and staircase in the world disappeared and I was expected to just fly or levitate - then I would be effectively disabled by my environment. I wouldn't be able to access certain floors of buildings or even my own apartment. I wouldn't be able to even walk into Price, where my classes are this year. Sparsh Shah's interview was definitely worth the watch. 


Comments

Popular Posts