Wikipedia Trails: From Princess Diana to "I Dream of Jeannie"

Diana, Princess of Wales before her death in 1997

Article 1: Diana, Princess of Wales

I've been watching Season 4 of The Crown this week and so I found myself on Princess Diana's wikipedia page! She really was so lovely and a wonderful person. I was reading about her fashion and the influence that it had on the fashion world, which mentioned her friendship with Donatella Versace. 

Article 2: Donatella Versace 

Donatella Versace was a businesswoman, designer, and the sister of Gianni Versace. After her brother's death, she took over the company. Even after selling it in 2018 to Capri, she continued on as its chief creative officer. She contributed to many charities that involved helping people with HIV and AIDS, including the Life Ball.

Article 3: The Life Ball

I had never heard of the Life Ball before, but it is an annual even that occurs in Vienna. It is the largest fundraiser for people with HIV and AIDS in Europe. Tickets to the event are extremely exclusive and very expensive. Celebrities and artists alike are often in attendance. One year, Barbara Eden, the star of a show called I Dream of Jeannie, attended in her Jeannie costume.  

Article 4: I Dream of Jeannie

I Dream of Jeannie was a popular sitcom that aired from 1965-1970 starring Barbara Eden. The premise of the show is that an astronaut's one man capsule falls from the sky and crashes on an island. He sees a golden lantern on the ground, and when he rubs it, Barbara Eden - a genie - springs out of the bottle. She falls in love with him at first sight and grants his wishes. The rest of the show follows their adventures together. 

Comments

Popular Posts