Week 13 Review

This image from the class announcement stream stuck out to me because it's exactly how I feel right now!
I feel like I can't focus on work until I've had a break, but I can't enjoy my break until I've finished my work. Thankfully there's only a few more weeks left and then I can just enjoy a break for a whole month! 

"The end of semester paradox"

I listened to Joe Dale Tate Nevaquaya read and discuss his poem "In the Field." Joe Dale Tate Nevaquaya is a Native American poet, and the poem was recorded right here in Norman! I really enjoyed listening to him read the poem. Sometimes he would breathe or pause in different places then the line-breaks called for. It was interesting to hear him bring the poem to life. His reading also made the poem easier to understand - his inflection and emotion brought clarity to otherwise vague or confusing parts of the poem. I'd recommend everybody giving it a listen - it was also very calming, which is nice during this stressful time of the semester!




Comments

Popular Posts