Week 13: Growth Mindset

I spoke with my younger brother about the Growth Mindset this week over Thanksgiving break. He is a high school basketball player, and he works out and practices basketball a lot. I think he got a lot out of the conversation. It can sometimes be difficult for him to receive criticism, but he has to take a lot of it in order to improve and be his best. He wants to play basketball in college someday, so it's very important for him to be able to receive criticism and absorb it in a positive way. For me, the most difficult part of the Growth Mindset is exactly that -viewing criticism in a positive light and seeing it as an avenue for improvement. My brother feels the same way. I think it goes to show that the Growth Mindset is something that is helpful to contemplate whether it's for school, sports, work, or other areas of your life. 

The greatest high school basketball player: Troy Bolton


Comments

Popular Posts