Reading A: Faerie Queen

 How Britomart Fought with Six Knights:

I enjoyed this story because I could picture it in my head like a movie! I like to picture the scenes in the books as I read them, and a good fight sequence always plays well.

- a white horse with a lady on it rushes by Britomart and King Arthur

- she is dressed in white and gold and looks very afraid 

- Britomart chases after her through a wood and comes out in a field where he sees...

- a lone Knight fighting six other Knights in a field 

- the Knight is fighting valiantly and Britomart goes to help him

- Britomart helps fight off the other Knights and they tell her why they are there

- There is a lady in the castle who is the most beautiful in the land

- Any men who come through the valley and are unattached are bound to her service

- Any men who are not single have to fight off the other knights to prove that they want to stay with their lady, if they win then they win the hand of the lady

- Britomart does not want to be bound to service and she fights off the six knights with her enchanted spear

- they lead Britomart up to the castle . . .

Britomart | Public Domain Super Heroes | Fandom
Britomart the Lady Knight

I really liked this story because I enjoy the character of Britomart a lot. A lady knight is definitely not something I expected to read about this week, but I was pleasantly surprised! I think I would like to retell this story in a more modern setting because I think it would go over really well in a Mission Impossible style action movie. This story also reminded me a lot of the character of Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones! 


Bibliography: Stories from the Faerie Queene by Mary Macleod, with drawings by A. G. Walker (1916).

Comments

Popular Posts