My Favorite Place

 There's many options competing for the title of "my favorite place," and this decision hasn't been easy. I could choose the inimitable Carnegie lounge, located on the University of Oklahoma's campus - a comforting spot where I have spent much of my time as an undergrad. I could choose a place I have visited - like Chicago, or Washington D.C. - that left a stamp on my memory forever. I could even choose the landmark sites of my hometown: Tulsa. But there is a place that brings all of these together. It is quite literally the means by which I have arrived at almost every place I've ever been. Although I have a love-hate relationship with the vehicle that my friends have lovingly named the "death-mobile," I have to say that the driver's seat of my beat up '97 4Runner is my favorite place. From that vantage point I've seen the best views of my life - the ocean, the mountains, and loved ones sitting beside me. I've laughed and cried in the front seat of that car more than any place else, probably. It's been with me through high school and college, and despite how unreliable its engine may be, it's always gotten me to where I need to go. 

This is a picture taken the first day I got my car!


Comments

  1. What a fun choice, Rachel! I think everybody probably remembers their first car! I didn't learn to drive until after I graduated from college and ended up moving to Nashville; because there was great public transportation in the places where I lived before that, I never was interested in learning to drive, but in Nashville, I basically had to drive, and I still remember my loyal little car which took me coast to coast more than once. I drove it until it could be driven no more. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts